Accredible makes it easy for the world's best educational institutions to issue credentials, awards, qualifications and licenses digitally rather than on paper. Our customers include Google, Harvard, MIT, Oxford University, McGraw Hill, Slack, iHop, GMAC, the CFP Board and 1300+ others, on behalf of whom we have issued over 22 million credentials to learners all over the world to date, and we're adding over 1.5 million per month. After first hitting profitability and then raising our Series A the company has grown from a team of fifteen to a team of ninety and we are looking for exceptional people to join us and help us turn our pirate ship into a navy.
Open and Inclusive. We welcome people of any gender identity or expression, race, skin colour, ethnicity, age, size, nationality, sexual orientation, ability level, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, political views, education level, identity, and self-identification. We welcome teachers, learners, activists, artists, dreamers, doers, ordinary people, extraordinary people, and everyone in between.
About the Role
The Communications and Events Manager will be instrumental in positioning Accredible as a thought leader and as a premier solution in the digital credentialing space. Responsibilities will focus around developing and executing Accredible’s external communications strategy and producing engaging digital and in-person events. The position will report to the VP of Marketing and will require working cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders to deliver high-quality work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing, our executive team, and internal stakeholders to craft a communication strategy that resonates with our team and our markets.
- Formulate and execute Accredible’s thought leadership strategy with the intent of building the company’s reputation as an industry leader.
- Collaborate with other marketing team members in the production of an annual event marketing plan that supports business objectives.
- Write and distribute press releases, thought leadership articles, and client stories to strengthen brand awareness.
- Build, develop, and leverage relationships with industry media, key community members and industry influencers to evangelize the Accredible brand, mission, and value to the market.
- Reach out to influencers, media and beyond to arrange story placement on a national and global level.
- Manage external event production end-to-end and provide logistics support in areas such as venue booking, speaker management, guest invites, etc.
- Project manage online and in-person events involving company leadership. These may include presentations, panel participations, and other speakership opportunities.
- Handle the execution and logistics of U.S. and major global tradeshows and exhibitions.
- Manage cost estimates, resourcing, and creative development of trade show exhibits and displays.
- Manage and coordinate the production and approval pipeline for a broad variety of assets including sponsored articles, presentations, podcasts, guest blog posts, and press releases.
- Offer strategic counsel to the VP of Marketing and manage crisis communications if needed.
- Provide media training for senior leadership; ensure media readiness for every event produced.
- Identify, develop, and manage metrics and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to prove the success of communications initiatives.
- Report on event registration, attendance, and activity on a regular basis.
- Augment the content marketing and paid media efforts occurring concurrently as part of overall marketing campaigns.
- Research the latest communications trends and disseminate best practices to the rest of the organization.
- Lead creation of video and audio content to support the communications and events strategy.
- On an as needed basis assist the Head of People to create internal communications protocols and initiatives that will foster employee morale.
- Ensure all event marketing collateral reflects and adheres to corporate branding standards.
- Facilitate internal review, approval, execution, and distribution of communication materials and content.
- Maintain a repository of “source of truth” documents and guidelines. Periodically refresh and update existing communication collateral and archive outdated versions.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with deep experience designing and executing thought leadership campaigns for global audiences.
- Passion for storytelling and superior written and verbal communications skills, including extensive experience writing and editing.
- Experience planning and executing online and in-person industry events and trade shows with global participants in a coordinated and seamless fashion.
- Proficient in current trends and established best practices within the PR/Communication fields.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; high attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; self-starter who is comfortable taking the initiative.
- Team player who is able to actively listen and participate in meetings while also being comfortable working autonomously.
- Cultural awareness and the perspective to work with our international team is a plus.
- Multitasker capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines.
- Familiarity working CRM software (HubSpot, Salesforce) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Psychology, Business, Marketing, or other related field.
- 4+ years of work experience in journalism or in internal/corporate communications in technology or similar space with a fast-paced environment.
- 4+ years of experience in event management or production.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary, based on experience and location
- 35 days paid vacation time per year
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible hours & remote work
- Two hours per week (paid) to spend learning anything you like, even if it is not related to your role, plus a budget to spend on learning materials (courses, books, conferences). We love education and we believe in nurturing your growth!
- A promise to invest in your growth personally and professionally. Wherever you would like to go and whatever you would like to do, we will be there to support you.
Who we are
Remote First. Accredible is spread across dozens of cities around the globe. From Cape Town to San Francisco, Vancouver, London to New York, our employees live and work in the places that they thrive, wherever they thrive.
Growing Strong. We are growing and will continue to expand rapidly. We seek to increase momentum and build a professional, scalable, and efficient team whilst maintaining our friendly, open, and democratic culture.
We Love What We Do. We get to help startups get their training programs off the ground and watch their social referrals double, see associations experience double digit membership growth, and enable established companies to transform training and development. We're passionate about our product – and what it can do for our customers.